2017 USTB Advanced Engineering Internship Program
Engineering and Innovation
★ Program Overview
1) Internship in Labs
As a student of the program, you take on a 3-month program where you participate in laboratory research at USTB's state-of-the-art laboratories and benefit from our “Exploring China” course.
Available fields and topics include but not limited to:
- Digital Audio Watermark for Tamper Detection
- Distributed Reasoning Framework for Large Scale RDF Data on Hadoop Platform
- Iron-based superparamagnetic nanoparticle composite materials for medical multimodality testing
- Modeling and Control Design for a Flapping Wing Robotic Aircraft
- Neural Network Control Design for Robotic Manipulators with Flexible Joints
- Research on Air Purification by TiO2 Based Photocatalyst
- Research on controlled synthesis of AgC nanostructures and its catalytic applications
- Research on Preparation and Microwave Absorbing Properties of SiC whiskers
- Search on Large Scale Semantic Data on Hadoop Platform
- Thermoelectric generator making use of natural temperature difference
Please refer to the attachment for more details of the topics. You are also advised to contact a supervisor yourself if your preferred research topics are not listed above. Please browse USTB’s homepage to search a USTB faculty.
2) Exploring China (＊Available in July)
Our program offers a series of English-based lectures and field trips that allow you to experience time-honored Chinese history and culture, and explore specific environmental and socio-cultural aspects of China, including visits to historic sites, Chinese language course taught on primary level, Hand-on cultural experience, e.g. Taichi, Tea Art, Calligraphy, Han Chinese costume.
1) Who can apply
- Students who are currently registered in a partner university
- English proficiency required to follow lectures
2) Number of Students
- 15 students
3) Program Duration
3 months, starting date as per different topics
4) How to apply
Send the following documents to the International Office, USTB.
- Application Form with photo
- Photocopy of passport
- Certificate of enrollment at home university
- Photocopy of insurance certificate
- Certificate of insurance
Applications should be submitted via the international office of the home university, and individual applications won’t be accepted.
March 15 (Entry in May) or April 30 (Entry in June)
- Program fee: Exempted
- Accommodation Fee: dependign on the hotel he/she is staying in if on-campus housing is not available
- Fees for Cultural events and Field trips: Exempted
- Costs for study materials and resources, meals, round-trip air ticket, local transportation,
insurance and medical care not included
For more inquiry, please contact the International Office, USTB.
★ Attachment 1: Research Proposal
★ Attachment 2: Application Form
Copyright © 2011 Office of International Office & Office of H. K., Macao & Taiwan Affairs, University of Science & Technology Beijing